Congratulations on your decision to attend Rensselaer! As one of the newest members of the Rensselaer community you are now eligible to pick up your Rensselaer Computing System (RCS) userid on-line. Your RCS userid will allow you to access your Rensselaer email and comes with many other privileges that you will be able to take advantage of as a Rensselaer student. We’d like to invite you to follow the URL below to activate your account – but first a few important points.
- In order to begin the activation process you will need the 16 digit PIN number sent to your email address used to apply to Rensselaer.
- After entering your PIN you will be given a password to your RCS account that has been randomly generated and is close to impossible to remember – WRITE IT DOWN exactly as it appears – it is case sensitive and will always be 8 characters (including numbers or punctuation) long.
- In activating your account, almost immediately after you are given this password, the system will prompt you to change it to something that is more familiar to you and that you are more likely to remember.
- Whatever you do, keep track of your password! For security reasons passwords cannot be given out over the phone or via email. Passwords must be exactly 8 characters in length and must contain at least one non-alpha character (a number, punctuation, etc.).
- If you need your PIN reset, contact the Office of the First-Year Experience at firstname.lastname@example.org or the VCC Help Desk at (518) 276-7777.
Account Pickup Tool
If you want, you can check your RPI email after you change your password at http://webmail.rpi.edu.