The 2015-2016 laptop package includes your choice of two Lenovo laptop models: either the standard T450s Ultrabook or the W541 Mobile Workstation. Please refer to the Laptop Specs section of this website for more information about these laptop models.
To inform us of your laptop decision:
- Log in to the Student Information System (SIS) using your nine-digit Rensselaer ID Number (RIN) and your PIN, which is your date of birth in MMDDYY format.
- From the Student Menu listing that appears, click on the Laptop Order Form option. A personalized page containing specific ordering instructions will appear.
- Click on the Select Laptop drop-down menu.
- If you wish to participate in the Mobile Computing Program, start by choosing the Lenovo laptop model you wish to order: either the T450s or the W541. When you select either model, additional drop-down menus will appear in which you can then select your choice of backpack color and indicate if you wish to purchase an iClicker personal response device. Click on the Submit button to place your laptop order.
- If you choose to decline our laptop offer, select the Decline option, and click the Submit button.
An e-mail message will be sent to your Rensselaer e-mail account to confirm your order decision.
The cost of the complete T450s package is $1,495; the cost of the entire W541 package is $1,795. However, please keep in mind that the price of the required iClicker classroom personal response device is not included as part of either laptop package. A charge of $32.50 will be added to your order total. The sum of all charges will appear on your student bill.
Laptop computers will be distributed to Program participants the morning of Sunday, August 30, during Navigating Rensselaer and Beyond, which is held the week before classes begin.