The Division of the Chief Information Officer has laptops available for rent to support the academic mission of the Institute. Laptops may be rented by Rensselaer departments or by individual students. The minimum rental period is one week and the maximum rental period is a single semester, such as fall, spring, or summer.
Department rentals will be charged against a Rensselaer budget account number. No sales tax will be charged. Departments may rent laptops and distribute them to students. In this case, the department assumes financial liability for the rental charges and the return of the laptops.
Student rental charges will be placed on the student's Rensselaer account. The student assumes financial liability for the rental charges, New York State sales tax, and the return of the laptop.
Items included in the rental package
Hardware and accessories
The laptop rental package includes the following items:
- AC power adaptor
- CD/DVD optical drive
- Ethernet cable
- Security cable with lock
Software on the laptop
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010 suite, which includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Anti-virus software
- Laptops are wireless capable and connect to the RPI wireless network using standard RCS account authentication.
- Laptop models will be distributed as available.
- Renters may install additional software.
- The hard drives on all rental laptops will be wiped clean shortly after the laptop is returned.
The minimum laptop rental charge is $30 for one week, with the rental week beginning on the day that the laptop is picked up. Additional weekly charges occur every seven days.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the laptop is not returned five days after the due date, an additional charge of $500 will be levied.
Requesting a Rental
- Students: Students may submit the on-line Student Laptop Rental Request Form. Alternatively, students can choose to print out the form and send it to the VCC Help Desk, VCC 207, or submit it in person at the VCC Help Desk. Students will need to sign a rental agreement before they can collect their laptop.
- Departments: Submit the on-line Departmental Laptop Rental Request Form. A representative from the requesting department will need to sign a rental agreement before the laptops can be distributed.
Anyone placing a request will receive notification via e-mail as to when they can pick up their laptop.
If you still have questions, please contact the VCC Help Desk staff by calling (518) 276-7777, or via e-mail.