Laptop Specs 2014 - 2015
Here are just some of the hardware features the ThinkPad T440s offers:
- Intel Core i7-4600U processor, 4MB cache, up to 3.3 GHz
- 8 GB PC3-12800 (4GB base and one 4GB SoDIMM)
- 14.0” HD+ WWAN (1600 x 900), color, anti-glare, LED backlit, 250-nit display
- 256GB solid-state SATA3 hard drive
- Intel HD Graphics 4400
- Intel Centrino Ultimate N6300 3x3 802.11 na/g/n wireless / WWAN upgradable
- Ports: Three USB 3.0, one VGA, one Mini-DisplayPort with audio, one ExpressCard 34mm slot, one SmartCard reader, one 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack, and one
4-in-1 SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC Multiread card slot
- Integrated 720p HD resolution wide-view angle webcam camera with face tracking
- 6-cell Lithium-ion battery with one-year warranty
The following software comes pre-installed on all 2014-2015 Mobile Computing laptops. Educational licenses are included, but not installation CDs.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise (64-bit)
- Microsoft Office Professional 2013 (32-bit; 64-bit available for user installation)
- Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection
- Maplesoft Maple symbolic algebra program (64-bit)
- MathWorks MATLAB (64-bit)
- Siemens NX CAD package (64-bit)
- National Instruments LabVIEW (local install)
Please note that this listing does not include all pre-installed software, nor does it include other software packages that some students may need to purchase for their specific coursework. Please consult with your academic advisor to determine what, if any, additional software is required.
Find out more about this year’s package!
Please refer to Mobile Computing’s color brochure [PDF] for complete information about this year’s computing package. In addition to a full listing of hardware specs and pre-installed software, the brochure also includes full details about everything that’s included in the package – including the on-campus service and support -- and addresses some frequently-asked questions.