The DotCIO is pleased to announce student email will be changing to Exchange Online the week of Spring Break starting 03/06/2023. This change brings many benefits including:
- 100gb quota versus current 1gb quota
- Security by Duo Multi-factor authentication – no longer required to be on RPI network including VPN if off-campus to access email
- Robust web interface and easier configuration for mobile devices and email applications
- Continued access to webmail before it is retired to allow sufficient time to move existing emails
At some point during the week of March 6th, student email will start being delivered to Exchange Online. Shortly before the change, an email will be sent to current webmail advising that email will start being delivered to Exchange Online within a few hours. At any time after that email, students can login to https://outlook.office.com and once you start receiving new email from internal and external sources, the change is complete and you can start using this for sending/receiving email. External email routing will take longer than internal.
You will not lose any email during this change. You will continue to have access to your existing email on webmail but if you want to keep this email you should move it to your Exchange Online.
- Configuring Exchange Online for mobile devices and email clients
- Moving existing email from webmail to Exchange Online
- Forwarding email rules are disabled
If you have any questions or need assistance at the time of the change, please submit a Support Request via: https://itssc.rpi.edu You can also call the Help Desk at 518.276.7777 or stop in at the VCC building for in-person assistance during open hours.