Computer systems account
The Rensselaer Computing System (RCS) userID is used to access email, the internet, WiFi, VPN, and most software/web applications. You must have an RCS userID before you can login to Rensselaer Self-Service and get a Campus Card.
Many Rensselaer systems (including the VPN) require Multi-Factor Authentication using Duo Mobile.
Human Resources, Payroll and Financial Management
The Rensselaer Self-Service system provides access to payroll, leaves and balances, parking options, tax forms, and time sheets.
- Access to RPI email to receive the activation link.
- A Rensselaer Identification Number (RIN) to login. (This nine-digit number is located in the lower left of your Campus Card.)
Connect to Rensselaer's Wireless Network (requires an RCS ID and password)
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Connecting from off-campus? The VPN lets you connect securely and access Rensselaer resources.
Rensselear uses Microsoft Exchange server and supports Windows OS and Apple OS desktop clients.
Mobile - Access your Exchange mailbox by enrolling in our Mobile Exchange (MobEx) service.
Web Access - https://exchange.rpi.edu
Teaching and Learning Applications
- Learning Management System (Blackboard)
- Video Conferencing (Webex)
- Webex and Blackboard
- Professional Learning Center (Percipio)