Computer systems account
The Rensselaer Computing System (RCS) ID is used to access email, the internet, WiFi, VPN, LMS, WebEx and most software/web applications. You must have an RCS userID before you can get access to Rensselaer Self-Service or get a Campus Card.
- Freshmen and transfer students are mailed their account pickup PIN from the Student Living and Learning Office.
Many Rensselaer systems (including VPN) require Multi-Factor Authentication using Duo Mobile.
Bursar, Registrar, Parking
The Rensselaer Self-Service system provides access to bill paying (via the Bursar), course registration (via the Registrar), and parking passes.
- Access to RPI email to receive the activation link.
- A Rensselaer Identification Number (RIN) to login. (This nine-digit number is located in the lower left of your Campus Card.)
Connect to Rensselaer's Wireless Network (This requires an RCS userID and password.)
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Connecting from off-campus? VPN lets you connect securely and access Rensselaer resources.
Rensselaer students can access their RPI email at webmail.rpi.edu using their RCS userID and password. (Note that the VPN is required from off-campus.)
- How to use an email client (Outlook, Mail app, etc.) to manage RPI email.
- Rensselaer security protocols do not allow the configuration of Gmail with your RPI email.
- Using a non-RPI email address to conduct Rensselaer work could result in email being mistaken for spam.
Mobile device setup
RPI Alert (emergency notification system)
Learning and Collaboration Tools