Since the fall of 1999, Rensselaer's Mobile Computing Program (MCP) has partnered with top manufacturers to fully support students' computing needs and help enable and ensure their academic success, with a minimum impact to their course of study. In addition, Rensselaer's partnership with suppliers also allows the Program to offer each laptop package at an extremely competitive price.
Mobile Computing Program participants receive the following benefits and support resources:
- An enterprise-grade, state-of-the-art laptop pre-configured for Rensselaer. All Mobile Computing Program laptops are selected from the most reputable suppliers after thorough evaluation and testing.
- A four-year international manufacturer's warranty with accidental damage protection
- On-campus help desk support
- Access to on-campus and remote vendor-provided certified hardware repair services
- Free use of loaner laptops. This service allows the student to continue their coursework uninterrupted in the event that their Mobile Computing laptop requires extended repairs.
- A customized Rensselaer backpack